Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rodding around


Just got back from a few hours ride on my brothers 2008 Night Rod Special. I have never ridden a bike from the V-Rod family before. Sounds strange but true anyhow ;o) The Night Rod Special has a 1250cc (Porsche) engine and a 250 rear tire. I have always said that Americans are good at making things that should go straight ahead.. That is also the case with the Night Rod. The power is good and the brakes are good but the handling is not! This is most likely because of the wide rear tire and fairly long wheelbase. Anyway a fun bike to ride but not the bike I would buy. Another ting I noticed is the poor quality of the Milwaukee horse.. (Not that it’s made there! More Japanese and European parts on this thing than American I suppose) Harley has not come far when it comes to quality of their product. This bike has always been stored in a garage and has only 2000 miles on it, and already all the nuts, bolts, brake rotors and outer races of the wheel bearings are rusted, and one of the signal light glasses fell off during the trip!! Get your act together Bill!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What can I say? Choppers Rule!